Simoncelli look like fit enough in Estoril track, he dominated from all Free Practice and Qualifying Practice, and he's lose on front and crashed on the turn 7 on 5 minute to go of end QP and Jorge Lorenzo take a lead and be the fastest so automatically Jorge Lorenzo got his pole position
Dani Pedrosa still with his calm and natural, not too fast but very sure he can start from the 3rd position still on the first row. And his team mate Casey Stoner after always got pole position on the 2 last race in Estoril he just available to start race on 4th position with different time with the pole position is about 0.233 second. And Andrea Dovizioso get a better setting than he was at Jerez, he will start the race on 6th.
Ben Speis after difficult practice, he found the way to make his bike competitive and he will start for tomorrow race on 5th position
And duo Yamaha Tech 3, grabbed their best start of this season so far. Colin Edward felt the good is very good to ride on this Qualifying and he'll used all data he get to see what the setting he will use for race and doing some modification to make a bike more smooth on the corner. And Cal Crutchlow after his worst result in all practice due with problem on his arm pump in his right arm. But he's always have a big spirit to give a best result for tomorrow with all limitation the power of his hand and shoulder.
Ducati team, Valentino Rossi still have a problem with his bike on the front, he tried the best when he back to his box during the QP and discussion with his team about the problem he felt, he already tried to push his speed more its too much at the limit with his front of the bike. So like he said "Tomorrow will be another difficult race, to starting from the third row".
But like we all know Valentino Rossi not only riding the bike he develop and design the setting of engine too with Jeremy Buggers the Genius Chief Mechanic and all the crew, and for sure he will find the best setting from all data they have to make a modification for tomorrow and struggle to get best result on the race.
And his team mate Nicky Hayden still don't found the better setting after he got a great achievement on Free Practice 3 and he must start very far grid on 13th behind the Rookie with Ducati bike too from Cardion AB Karel Abraham
And the hero on round three of 2011 season in Estoril for me is Alvaro Bautista, after he got a big crashed in Qatar and big surgery and one month recovery, he return to the track and he look very strong with his big spirit and it was very inspiring and give good lesson to be strong and confident with all thing we want to do. And not too bad he will start on 15th. But just one words for him : Return to the track soon is the best one but the most important one is still to be careful because health is the main thing
The position for Estoril Race , May 1st 2011 :
- 1 Jorge Lorenzo - Yamaha Factory Racing - 1.37.161
- 58 Marco Simoncelli - San Carlo Honda Gresini - 1.37.294
- 26 Dani Pedrosa - Repsol Honda Team - 1.37.324
- 27 Casey Stoner - Repsol Honda Team - 1.37.384
- 11 Ben Spies - Yamaha Factory Racing - 1.37.866
- 4 Andrea Dovizioso - Repsol Honda Team - 1.38.073
- 5 Colin Edwards - Monster Yamaha Tech 3 - 1.38.080
- 35 Cal Crutchlow - Monster Yamaha Tech 3 - 1.38.189
- 46 Valentino Rossi - Ducati Team - 1.38.271
- 8 Hector Barbera - Mapfre Aspar Team - 1.38.363
- 7 Hiroshi Aoyama - San Carlo Honda Gresini - 1.38.497
- 17 Karel Abraham - Cardion AB Motoracing - 1.38.786
- 69 Nicky Hayden - Ducati Team - 1.38.922
- 65 Loris Capirossi – Pramac Racing Team - 1.38.934
- 19 Alvaro Bautisa - Rizla Suzuki MotoGP - 1.39.172
- 14 Randy De Puniet - Pramac Racing Team - 1.39.378
- 24 Toni Elias - LCR Honda MotoGP - 1.39.894