5 minutes earlier 16 riders already on the track and the early lead is Andrea Dovizioso with Honda bike set the time 2.14.480 and improve again with 2.09.725 but like almost and the practice of this season Casey Stoner always dominating the one name fastest, he clear all his team mate time and grab the first position from 2.07.748 but in the middle of the practice Marco Simonceli done some good laps too and feel the first place with 2.07.258 and for the end of the FP, Casey Stoner be the fast on the practice with 2.03.748.
Cal Crutchlow, Jorge Lorenzo and Nicky Hayden change many time for place third, fourth, fifth and sixth with Dovizioso also.
Not only Yamaha and Honda, Suzuki look very strong in here with the one and only rider on this team Alvaro Bautista. And the famous bike of this season Ducati was very competitive also in Silverstone practice but for this time the fast Ducati wasn't come from Valentino Rossi like usual. The Fast Ducati is Nicky Hayden and stable for running in 5 top FP1, and the 2nd Ducati's Hector Barbera , 3rd for Ducati for Randy de puniet, 4th Karel Abraham and more fast than Valentino Rossi in the last minutes before the Practice 1 over, and the last Ducati is Loris Capirossi after crashed in turn 16 when time 14 minutes remaining.
The shock result is when Valentino Rossi very slow and look hard when he must control his bike in the corner, he just playing from 12th and up to 10th and goind down again to 12th place. And we must know is the first time he ridden MotoGP bike in here, so he must have two big things when he coming to Silverstone : to learn and know this track as fast as he can and combine the information for setting his Desmo.
For me what the bad result Valentino Rosi achieved for Free Practice 1 at 12th place from all riders and 5 of 6 the Ducati bike, didn't make me very worried. Mean Valentino Rossi always know to put his ambition when the condition not in good way, like a lost front grip and not stable acceleration. He's can control his self to ride, to know the problem and analysis the data they have. All Valentino Rossi did is clearly with all procedure to be champion.
We all hope Valentino Rossi can find the setting before the Qualifying Practice.And we can see the progress step by step on the Free Practice 2 this afternoon.
Air Asia British Grand Prix Free Practice 1 Result as bellow :
- 27 Casey Stoner – Repsol Honda – 2.03.748
- 58 Marco Simoncelli – San Carlo Honda Gresini – 2.04.407
- 1 Jorge Lorenzo – Yamaha Factory Racing – 2.04.756
- 69 Nicky hayden – Ducati Team – 2.04.778
- 4 Andrea Dovizioso – Repsol Honda – 2.04.910
- 35 Cal Crutchlow – Monster Yamaha Tech3 – 2.05.007
- 11 Ben Spies – Yamaha Factory Racing – 2.05.130
- 8 Hector Barbera – Mapfre Aspar Team MotoGP – 2.06.158
- 19 Alvaro Bautista – Rizla Suzuki – 2.06.274
- 14 Randy De Puniet – Pramac Racing Team – 2.06.573
- 17 Karel Abraham – Cardion AB Motoracing – 2.06.774
- 46 Valentino Rossi – Ducati Team – 2.07.075
- 7 Hiroshi Aoyama – San Carlo Honda Gresini – 2.07.459
- 24 Toni Elias – LCR Honda MotoGP – 2.07.616
- 65 Loris Capirossi – Pramac Racing Team – 2.08.225
- 5 Colin Edwards – Monster Yamaha Tech3 – 2.08.310