Dani Pedrosa did his confirm in press conference and he said to MotoGp.com : "After France, I had surgery to stabilise the fracture of my right collarbone and hoped to be ready for Barcelona. I pushed myself as best as I could but I feel that my collarbone is not yet ready. I think I must rest for a while and recover properly,I want to say thank you to you all for your support and hope to be back in full shape as soon as possible to continue giving my best.”
At 10.10 Local Time the Free Practice started and In the first minute Repsol Honda team dominate again and nine minute after Marco Simonceli flying with his bike to got his 1st place with 1.44.404, and 33 minute left Stoner clear Simonceli tome and goes to Top again. And top six for this FP1 is only two bikes Honda and Yamaha.
36 minutes after FP1 started, the bright day suddenly change, cloudy with showers apart of the track. And almost all riders going back to the box and Valentino Rossi the first rider out from the box to enjoy the empty track.
And after the rain become harder, pushing all riders going back to the box.
But after a while,on the last minutes only Dovizioso with his bike going out back to the wet track.
For the complete result Free Practice 1 Catalan Grand Prix are as follows :
- 27 Casey Stoner – Repsol Honda – 1.43.918
- 58 Marco Simoncelli – San Carlo Honda Gresini – 1.44.404
- 1 Jorge Lorenzo – Yamaha Factory Racing – 1.44.643
- 11 Ben Spies – Yamaha Factory Racing – 1.44.646
- 4 Andrea Dovizioso – Repsol Honda – 1.44.730
- 5 Colin Edwards – Monster Yamaha Tech3 – 1.44.768
- 35 Cal Crutchlow – Monster Yamaha Tech3 – 1.44.797
- 69 Nicky hayden – Ducati Team – 1.44.797
- 46 Valentino Rossi – Ducati Team – 1.44.844
- 7 Hiroshi Aoyama – San Carlo Honda Gresini – 1.45.332
- 14 Randy De Puniet – Pramac Racing Team – 1.45.821
- 65 Loris Capirossi – Pramac Racing Team – 1.46.136
- 24 Toni Elias – LCR Honda MotoGP – 1.46.714
- 19 Alvaro Bautista – Rizla Suzuki – 1.46.860
- 17 Karel Abraham – Cardion AB Motoracing – 1.47.587
- 8 Hector Barbera – Mapfre Aspar Team MotoGP – 1.47.832
So we can still believe that his bike with new engine can over come the tricky track. And Valentino Rossi never stop his spirit to give us the better achievement. Let's see in the afternoon at Free Practice 2