And the time for determine the position for the "unpredictable" Race in Jerez is coming. The weather condition is Dry, 30 degree on the ground. We all know practice is not race, but is important to be the fastest on this season because the grid for riders start for race is coming from this practice.
And Casey Stoner has a pole position again, so its second pole position for him on the season. Dani Pedrosa with his injury and have a plan to do 2nd surgery on Monday after race. But he look still strong and fast and like he said "be on the front row is always very important and second is a good place to start the race" he look like not need the surgery if he always have a good time like this. but its of course very important surgery for the future health of his left arm.
Yamaha Racing Team with Jorge Lorenzo as a rider very happy get his 3rd position for start the race tomorrow.
And the position for Jerez Race , April 3rd 2011 :
- 27 Casey Stoner - Repsol Honda Team - 1.38.757
- 26 Dani Pedrosa - Repsol Honda Team - 1.38.915
- 1 Jorge Lorenzo - Yamaha Factory Racing - 1.38.918
- 11 Ben Spies - Yamaha Factory Racing - 1.39.390
- 58 Marco Simoncelli - San Carlo Honda Gresini - 1.39.486
- 4 Andrea Dovizioso - Repsol Honda Team - 1.39.709
- 14 Randy De Puniet - Pramac Racing Team - 1.39.892
- 5 Colin Edwards - Monster Yamaha Tech 3 - 1.39.895
- 35 Cal Crutchlow - Monster Yamaha Tech 3 - 1.40.019
- 7 Hiroshi Aoyama - San Carlo Honda Gresini - 1.40.168
- 69 Nicky Hayden - Ducati Team - 1.40.175
- 46 Valentino Rossi - Ducati Team - 1.40.185
- 8 Hector Barbera - Mapfre Aspar Team - 1.40.217
- 21 John Hopkins - Rizla Suzuki MotoGP - 1.40.310
- 65 Loris Capirossi – Pramac Racing Team - 1.40.523
- 17 Karel Abraham - Cardion AB Motoracing - 1.40.601
- 24 Toni Elias - LCR Honda MotoGP - 1.41.114
Look like Nicky Hayden from Ducati still not find the best setting, he run very slowly and will start on 11th position a head from his team mate. I really like when he tells the truth about what he feels with this result : "I'm not happy about the performance. I don't want to make a lot of excuses; the bike-rider combination wasn't really good today, but anything can happen in the race tomorrow. The weather seems pretty unpredictable at the moment, so we've just got to get prepared for anything and see what happens.” ( I ever heard these quote in my ear very closely when I met him in Pre Test Sepang I)
Many Rider Crashed on the Qualifying Practice in Jerez, the 1st rider crashed is Valentino Rossi he lost the front like and the problem always happened with Ducati before. He must felt the gravel in corner 6 and the 2nd riders is Hiroshi Aoyama from San Carlo Honda Gresini, he losing the front in a right hander. and the 3rd rider to feel the Jerez gravel is the Rookie Karel Abraham and he got same problem as Valentino did. And before the end of QP season Randy De Puniet rider from Pramac Racing team drop to the gravel too.
Ben Spies from 7th position jump to 3rd position at 11 min to end of season, and after that he feel the taste of Gravel at Jerez too so must happy to start from 4th position and Collin Edwards crashed at turn 2 lost the front, and the fastest rider from Repsol Honda Casey Stoner run his bike out to the fence track.
Can't you imagine many riders crashed was 7 riders on Dry condition what will happen if tomorrow race will be wet race?
Not Happy Qualifying Practice day for Valentino Rossi after a great result on all Free Practice he start at 12th. He really not happy with this situation because after crash he has ride with a 2nd bike, and its totally different and he feel very slower than his 1st bike in the morning. but he always show the great spirit for him self, his crew and his fans “The top three are going faster, but the difference isn't as big as it was in Qatar. I like the track, and our pace isn't bad; we'll see what happens if we're able to get a good start.”
I still remembered Valentino Rossi had start from 11th in Assen 2007 and finished for 1st position. Nothing impossible if we do everything with all spirit and sincerity and the ambition and talent must be very important for this.